We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with applicable privacy laws. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact email@example.com.
The personal information we collect about you
We receive and store any information that you enter on the Website or when you contact us using the contact details indicated on our Website, including personal information. Personal information means information that can identify you and that relates to you, for example, your name, postal address email address, telephone number, the nature of your query, your GMC number, comments/blog contributions you submit to the Website etc. You can choose whether or not to provide information to us, but in general, where we specifically request particular information, that information is required in order to respond to your query or request or to provide a particular service to you.
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes for which their personal data will be processed, as set out above.
Other information we may collect from visitors to our Website includes:
- Reporting and statistical data: We collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes (for example, aggregate information about which website browsers our visitors use, the aggregate numbers of visitors to the Website etc.). However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes; and
How we may store and use your information
We (or third party agents or service providers providing services to us or acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes; and
- to provide you with services that you request and to respond to any enquiries you submit through the Website.
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with third party service providers or agents who provide services to us or on our behalf. We do not permit these companies to use or disclose you personal information except for providing the services we request of them.
Cookies [and other technologies]
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
Your access right and other rights
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask us to provide you with copies of personal information that we hold about you at any time (for which we may charge a small fee, determined by law); and
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you free of charge; and
- in some circumstances, the right for your personal details you have provided to be deleted.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please write to us (by post at the address specified above or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party sites
This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. If we gain knowledge that a child under the age of 18 has provided any personal information to us, we will immediately delete this information.
Last updated: July 2012